Thursday, June 03, 2004

Finally got my piece of the pie



I didn't want to say anything before it actually happened, perhaps its the whole "jinx" thing I worry about. I will no longer be bringing you stories from the "trenches", as very soon I will no longer be a page.

I am moving into customer service. I will be a CSA "customer service associate" for my library, same branch. I'm movin' on up.

The stories that I will bring to you now will consist of such exciting subjects as card fraud, the stories behind "why I didn't return that book on time", and other assorted and equally sordid topics.

Financially, this job will be nice too. While it doesn't pay tons more, I do get "double time Sundays". I don't mind working on Sundays. Without my school loans to help defray the costs of every day living (its summer=no loans). I know I've cried this river before, but its really really hard to adjust to such a drastic change in lifestyle. I don't think I've ever been so particularly careful about money before in my entire life. My whole "well you can't take it with you" rationale doesn't seem to work here, as it seems that "I don't have anything to take".

On a slightly amusing note, a patron called in and asked if we rented XXX movies. When he was informed that it was in our best interest NOT to, as it was really against our code of ethics...he supposed that it was true, and further wouldn't want any of the employees getting "too excited". Yeah. Thats going to happen.

Moral of this blog: Took a whole lotta tryin', just to get up that hill.

No comments: