Thursday, September 02, 2004

Back at home



Now that I'm home again, and school is once again in session it is time for me to figure out how to keep sane dispite my schedule. This semester includes Indexing & Abstracting, Preservation Management, Humanities Reference, and last but not least, my tremendous 10 hour a week practicum at the post card-esque University. This is in addition to working 20 hours a week at a public library, and having to rival Mrs. Beeton in housekeeping.

In my spare time, to help contain my OCD, I enjoy picking flowers from my garden and arranging them on my mantle. I also enjoy moving the antique tea cups around, as well as switching around my Gorey pen and inks.

I plan to put a few more mums in, and have also started planning my Thanksgiving dinner. One can not go unprepared. This requires re-counting all the depression era amber glass that comes out especially for this holiday. Make sure I haven't missed a piece or used a saucer under a plant somewhere.

Most of all, I am terribly excited about the coming semester. Its going to consume me, so I might as well enjoy it. I am headed down a very well trodden path. I am excited to be a full fledged librarian. Do we get a little pin when we graduate? Like a pilot gets his wings? Something cute and enamel? Anyway, I digress.

Two more classes, and I'm done. May will be here before long.

In the mean while I will continue to enjoy reading Lancasters Indexing and Abstracting, cutting roses, and moving small Parisian antiques around on my mantel.

Moral of this blog: Dear G-d. I just re read this. How gay and uppity can I possibly be?

No comments: