Saturday, September 18, 2004

Happy New Year



La Shanna Tovah!! It means happy holidays. What to do for the Jewish New Year? It is a time spent getting in touch with loved ones. Only, I call my Mother and Grandmother every day...and talk to my whole family at least once a month. (Thank
G-d for my phone plan!) So, mission accomplished. Resolutions? Its not quite like the other New Year where you get all dressed up, and then get hammered, and resolve to quit smoking and swearing...and then wake up the next morning saying "where the fuck is my lighter?" Those don't work. Plus the "other" New Year isn't religious...G-d watches this one. Its like having a supervisor that won't stop. That is why I have to be such a chronically good boy.

At any rate, I worked. I know I wasn't supposed to, but I did. Which brings me to my next point. My blog has been discovered. It was brought to upper administrations attention by a person who belived they were "doing the right thing". Its a bit more involved than that, but this is what it boiled down to. G-d knows I have enough to write about...so sorry kids. No more public library stories.

It was fun when I was anonymous. If any of the upper admin (namely security and a regional director) would have stumbled across this before they would have had no idea that I was mentioning (without naming names) our library. I am no longer anonymous. They were given the inside scoop, this blog has a face now. So upper admin..a few things you should know:

*I enjoy cheesecake
*I wear a size 11 1/2 shoe
*When I was a kid I was obsessed with Gumby
*I'm a Jewish homosexual with a penchant for expensive things
*I am paid 9.47/hr as a paraprofessional.
*The health insurance offered would consume an entire pay check and a half a month if I opted it for it
*Nepotism rules don't exclude homosexual lovers from working together


Well, thats enough information. Happy New Year anyway. Even to upper administration.

Moral of this blog: See what a little creative writing can do? Start a blog!!

No comments: