Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving



Well, here it is at almost 7 am, and I've been up for 2 hours already getting ready for my big dinner this evening. Yesterday, I spent most of my day making pies...5 in all. Cherry, Pumpkin, and 3 Apple pies. I am finding this to be the domestic life that I wish that I could live all the time. There is something so relaxing about keeping house, I don't know exactly what that could be.

I have several phone calls to make today, including my best friend from college's Mother...who I have called to wish a happy day to for the past 7 years.

Todays dinner menu includes:

Soup:
Mushroom Soup (vegetable based stock)

Main Course:
Turkey (for the meat eaters) Acorn Squash stuffed with Wild Rice, Cranberries, walnuts and hickory-baked Tofu (for the veggie/vegans)
Stuffing (2 kinds...Grandma Loretta's and one with soy milk and vegetable stock)
Golden Mashed Potatoes with Leeks and Sour Cream
Cranberry Relish (2 kinds...home made & from the can)
Sweet Potato Casserole
Green Bean Casserole
Steamed Greenbeans
Maple Glazed Carrots
Dinner Rolls
Wine/Water/Beer

Dessert:
Apple Pie
Cherry Pie
Lemon Pie
Pumpkin Pie
*whipped cream & vanilla icecream optional
Coffee
More Wine

I am hoping this is enough for my guests, I think it should be. There will be relish trays to start, and dinner is at 5. I've just finished the cranberry sauce.

I am extremely happy to have so much to give thanks for, including my friends, family, and stunning good looks.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you adoring fans, and may your day be as wonderful as I anticipate mine being. And to my adoring Canadian fans, consider this my wish to you...only REALLY late.

Moral of this blog: I am very fortunate.

No comments: