Friday, June 17, 2005

A Well Dressed Crush

not this kind The fear of all attractive people: a work place crush.

Only this is a little bit different.

I was being utterly efficient, and filing some things away for my Well Dressed Director, and I found myself pulling drawer after drawer after drawer out in her credenza to put the said files away.

Youth Services: Bottom Drawer

OCLC: Middle Drawer

Adult Services: Top Drawer

And then it happened. The entire credenza leaned over on me. I was almost crushed in my WDD's office. What a way to start a job...literally killed by the work I do. I dug the heel of my cordovan patent leather square toed loafer into the floor and heaved with everything I had...and righted the credenza, and used my hip to push in the drawers. I was actually worried more about it breaking the antique chinese bowl on her conference table than I was about it squashing me all over her office. Let this be a lesson to all of you...patent leather can save your life.

After this happened, I pulled a chair out to gather my delicate sensibilities once more. Imagine had this huge filing cabinet fallen on me...and it was in an office right off the public floor. The only person that sits outside the office is a crazy guy that reads the bible outloud to himself from open til close. Would he have laid the L-rd down to come and save my Jewish ass? Who knows. All I do know is that I'm glad I lived to tell. I also learned that all my files will be in alphabetical order before I ever attempt to file again. That way I'll only have one drawer open at a time.

Moral of this blog: I'm still catching my breath.

No comments: