Saturday, August 20, 2005

Well Dressed Practicalities

mama want All I want is a damn toast rack. You might think that I had asked for a kidney donation. Why do people bother to ask what I want, if all they are going to do is raise their eyebrows and say "what?"

I for one think its incredibly practical. I mean, what else are you going to do with your toast after its toasted? It needs to go somewhere. And ideally, on a toast rack.

Now perhaps some of my British readers can tell me, do only old people use these things in England? If so, that is just more fuel on my fire.

I was recently treated to seeing Ladies in Lavender and of course, Judi Dench and Maggie Smith both used one at the dinner table. I turned and grabbed my boyfriends arm during a breakfast scene. He just looked at me and said "NO" outloud in the theatre! Way to bash a faggy librarian's dreams, honey.

I did score a set of four vintage dessert plates soon after, which I love. But they seem so lonely without a toast rack.

Moral of this blog: Rack 'em up.

No comments: