Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Well Dressed in the Press

keep it real kidsToday, I came across an article in American Libraries that really made me think. All this work I've done to shatter stereotypes, and then I realized something: The people that need to be reached the most, don't even READ blogs. They probably can't even check email. At any rate, I hope all of you enjoy it, and I hope Mr. Manley doesn't mind me using his article.

Moral of this blog: Librarian's are hot. Remember this. Keep shattering stereotypes. Perhaps you came to this field because you love books, but it doesn't mean you have to look like you found your clothes in a dumpster. I hesitate to reprimand people that shop at Sears, but, use common sense. Book sweaters and neckties only go so far. Try wearing a silver book lapel pin on a smart blazer. Same effect, only smarter.

No comments: