Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Well Dressed Hump

Not lady lumps Far be it from me to judge. I just make strong recommendations about what is and what isn't polite.

Today, as I was driving home from work, as I always do at a red light, I press each button on my radio dial to see what else people listen to. And my ears were assaulted with "MY HUMP MY HUMP". I of course, could not stop listening, perhaps thinking I would suddenly be hip to pop culture, and was horrified to hear the rest of the lyrics.

I then laughed.

My Grandmother hums while she cooks, and does light housework. She tends to hum Nat King Coles "Baby...Baby..All the time". My Mother, the next generation, tends to sing when in the kitchen, and in the car...70's songs -, I pay tribute more than often to the great and grand Andrew's Sisters (who can help but sing Tico Tico?). I just imagine in 40 years some Grandmother stuffing the Thanksgiving turkey, singing "My hump, my hump, my lovely lady lumps".

There is humor in that.

Moral of this blog: My hump is from a curvature of the shoulders. That's hot.

No comments: