Monday, October 30, 2006

Cheques, Pay

You can have fun at work and get paid for it.

Today, one of the most rewarding moments of my career occurred.

We were working on a librarian project, and a co-worker said "I can't believe I'm getting paid to do this!"

To which I replied "THAT'S THE POINT!" And for the afternoon, I felt content. More than content. I was on the same page as everyone in my office. It was so rewarding. This is what our jobs are about people. Wake up!

If you don't like what you are doing, ITS TIME TO GO.

If it's not fun anymore, ITS TIME TO GO.

If you are only in it for the pay cheque, ITS TIME TO GO.

You may wonder, what in the world were we doing? Some of the team members didn't know what avatars were. SOOO we learned, and each designed one, with the intent that we may use them with a reference-chat interface. It really was fun - and this is what our jobs are about. Discovery through exploration!

Moral of this blog: Be passionate, or be somewhere else.

No comments: