Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Greetings, Hallowe'en

Well Dressed Librarian's 1940's Halloween GreetingHappy Hallowe'en gentle readers. I am sure that all of you are terribly excited about going to work today and finding out which of your co-workers has decided to step away from the dress code, and into something more costume-y. I for one shy away from this type of office behavior.

Admittedly, I tend to shy away from a lot of office behaviors. For instance: holiday sweaters. They aren't necessarily bad things that I'm shying away from, just things that make me feel terribly uncomfortable, self conscious, and anything less than perfectly attired.

I'm sure most people think that I am dressing up out of my Great Uncle Luke's closet every day anyway.

In honor of Halloween, I've decided to wear a 2 piece black pinstripe suit with a pumpkin-spice color shirt, finished with a black silk tie, and a silver, onyx and diamond tie bar.

Tonight, I have to work late - which means I'll miss all the trick or treaters that come knocking on my door in this bone chilling weather that we are having up here. Though the WDL is always prepared. I have a large, red German ceramic bowl filled with candy - for my "spouse" (how PC) to give away to all the little ones. If they come - which I'm sure they will now that I am living in St. Mary Mead.

And dear G-d, if one person throws an egg at my house, I will personally hunt them down and scare them to death by not raising my voice while I berate them.

Last, I think Hallowe'en should be left to the children...much like the tooth fairy, Santa, and the Bermuda Triangle. As adults, we have lots of things to look forward to, like our mortgage, dentist visits, and raking our lawns.

Be on the look out today. You will be working with witches, devils, Star Trek characters, and maybe even a dried up mummy or two. Though, some may deal with this everyday anyway.

Oh the joys of the holiday season. And there is so much more to come.


Moral of this blog: I hated when I got bags of pennies, and popcorn in plastic bags when I was a kid.

No comments: