Saturday, January 27, 2007

Jews can do it too!

OI!Yesterday, an elderly Gentleman had several questions for me. The interview started with him asking me if I could help him with a certain Geological problem. When we found what he was looking for (or what I was looking for) he told me that I couldn't have found the right answer.

15,000 years ago? How could that be. Why G-d hadn't created the Earth by then. The Bible tells us so.

OH!

I told him that an Academic Library might be more his cup of tea, and he said no, that he'd be fine.

****10 minutes later****

Same man. Would I now help him find out about a holiday called kwanz- AYE?

You mean Kwanzaa? OK, I thought so.

We found a webpage, and when he saw the Kinara - he said "SO, what is this? Some Black Jew Holiday? I assured him it wasn't. He seemed content with the real definition and such.

He thanked me and walked away.

****3 minutes later*****

The same little old man came over and put his hand on my shoulder, and leaned in with a question "Are you a Christian?"

I shook my head and said no, that I was Jewish. To which he replied...

"Well, you still did very well."

Moral of this blog: Oh, I'm so relieved.

No comments: