Saturday, November 17, 2007

Wishes, Thanksgiving

Hot Librarian, again This year is going to be a very different type of Thanksgiving for me. Usually, my goal is to outdo myself with table settings, prepare food for 20+ guests, and spend weeks creating beautiful watercolor place cards for each setting.

This year finds me alone.

And honestly, I'm OK with that. It's different, and a little sad. All my beautiful amber dishes, vintage salt and pepper shakers, and butterscotch bakelite are carefully wrapped and in storage. The tableclothes are all wrapped in acid free tissue, and stowed away in my steamer trunk. They will see the light of day again someday.

This year they will not be needed.

I have the deepest appreciation of this holiday this year. I am thankful for the life that I now have. Me & my 2 cats.

This year, rather than pictures of my finished and eloquent table, I share an image of me - reminding myself that this is what I'm thankful for this year. Peace of mind.

Moral of this Blog: Happy Thanksgiving

No comments: